Teaching Green :: MFA Thesis Project

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Musings

I've been thinking about how this project is going to take shape. I've realized that as much as I want to "speak to" the kids themselves, I really need to build trust in the parents/guardians in order to access the children. I'm coming to understand that this project is as much about the parents as it is about the kids. Is there a way to address both of these at once?

What would help parents buy into the idea that kids have to get back into nature** and spend time there if they are to take care of the planet for future generations?

**my definition of nature ranges from local parks and wildlife areas, to national monuments like Yosemite, to backyards, schoolyards and the small patch of grass on the sidewalk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home